Optical holography uses the theory of interference and diffraction of light, the specific waves reflect from the object are recorded in the form of interference fringes, and represented under certain conditions, form three-dimensional image which lifelike with the original object. Due to all the information of the object (amplitude and phase) are recorded, so called holography or holography. Optical holography is widely used in the fields of three-dimensional movies, TV shows, exhibitions, microscopy, interferometry, projection lithography, military reconnaissance, surveillance and underwater detection, metal internal and save precious historical relics, art, information storage, remote sensing. It is also widely used to study and record the instantaneous phenomena and processes (such as explosion and combustion) during the rapidly physical state change. Holography can provide a three-dimensional image of the target in military, so it is very useful, but the attenuation of visible light in the atmosphere and water are very large, even hardly work in severe weather, so infrared, microwave and acoustic holography technology are developed, the principle of which is exactly the same with visible light technology.
The main components of device are:
Electro-optic Q methods is used, through the accurate control of the voltage, we can control phase difference between fast light and slow light after light transmits the crystal to control the polarization direction of the output light, here, the Q switch crystal is LiNbO3 crystal, its application range is 420 nm to 5200 nm, damage threshold exceeds 100 MW/cm2 (10 ns, 1064 nm).
- The reconstructed stereoscopic images are conducive to preserve precious art materials for collection.
- Each point is recorded at any point on the hologram, it is no matter even if the picture is damaged.
- Holographic images have strong stereoscopic and vivid images, which can be displayed in various exhibitions with the help of lasers, and very good results can be obtained.
- Application in medicine
- Storage technology
- Security, printing and packaging
- Testing, diagnosis, analysis and research